Diabetic Education: Our licensed Diabetes educators are part of the healthcare team at MHDCHC and focus on helping people with Diabetes get control of their condition and improve their overall health status.
- Women, Infants, and Children – Women, Infants and Children (WIC) is a special supplemental nutrition program which provides services to pregnant women, new mothers, infants and children up to their 5th birthday based on nutritional risk and income eligibility. The primary services provided are health screening, risk assessment, nutrition education and counseling, breastfeeding promotion and referrals to health care. Supplemental food is provided at no cost to participants. http://health.mo.gov/living/families/wic/index.php
- Family Support Services – Mission: Family Support Division (FSD) maintains and strengthens Missouri families, helping people achieve an appropriate level of self-support and self-care through needs based services. FSD services include Child Support Services, Income Maintenance and Self-Sufficiency Programs (Food Stamps and Medication applications) Rehabilitation Services for the Blind. http://dss.mo.gov/fsd/
- Abused Women’s Hotline – The Abused Women’s Hotline is to assist women who have been abused.
- Catholic Charities of St. Louis – 314-367-5500 http://www.ccstl.org
- United Way – The United Way is able to help with resources including payment of bills or rent, assistance with heating and cooling. Just call 211 or visit www.unitedway.org
- Hunger Hotline – Open 7 days a week, 24 hours a day. Call: 314-726-5355 to find the nearest food pantry in your area.